Resources to Run
HOW OBAMA ALUMNI CAN SUPPORT YOU
We are excited to hear about how many Obama alumni are answering the call to run for office and serve their communities! While we may share many values and experiences, the Alumni Association sees our role as spreading awareness of candidates, not endorsing them. With that said, the Alumni Association can help amplify your candidacy in the following ways:
- Candidate Update Emails: We will send information about your race to alumni in our Candidate Update Emails.
- Obama Alumni Website: After a brief vetting process, we will post information about your race on our website.
- Regional Support: We recommend that you connect with a regional group near you to ask for their support in promoting your fundraisers, canvasses, and local events. All regional Obama alumni groups are listed here.
- 44 Affinity or Agency Group Support: We recommend that you connect with the Administrators of the 44 Affinity and Agency groups and ask for their support in promoting your events. All Obama alumni groups are listed here.
RESOURCES FOR CANDIDATES
If your campaign or community organization is looking to train volunteers, check out OFA training materials.
These organizations, many of which are run by Obama Alumni, provide great support and guidance for progressive leadership or candidate training.
- The Arena
- The Collective PAC
- EMILY’s List
- LGBTQ Victory Institute
- New American Leaders
- National Democratic Training Committee
- New Leaders Council
- New Politics
- Run for Something
- She Should Run
- Victory Institute
- Women’s Campaign Fund